Tuesday 20 October 2009

Thanks for my card and gifts

It's been two weeks since I retired from IBM. Would you believe that I've been so busy that I've hardly had any time to read the messages in my leaving card or play with the gifts... apart from the tankard of course. That's had a couple of outings in front of Sky Movies, always when the sun's been over the yard arm; never
during the afternoon matinee.

I've had one attempt at creating a magnetic golf poem.
And I dropped all the pieces from the pyramid rectangle game.
But I cheated when I put them back into the box.

The juggling diabolo has been spinning off and bouncing round my office.
I haven't yet introduced it to my unicycle. Early days yet.

Some of your messages in the card and in your email responses have also brought back fond memories of work and, more importantly play.
Thanks particularly to:

  • Karen H for "speed wrong answer Trivial Pursuit"
  • Dave G. for the "Frappe Frappe" joke
  • Woody and Jon I. for some more items for the SB list
  • Max S. "getting stitched up at QA"
And some answers:
Andy B (the one with the Dave Gorman DVD). I've completed all 100 levels of Boxworld at least twice
Ian D. I'm definitely going to keep on Bobbing Wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment